Dear Class 6 Parents,
We are really excited to announce that we will be going ahead with a Class 6 End of Year visit to the Underbank Activity Centre at Sheffield! It will be an action packed day and promises to be a wonderful end to your child’s primary school education.
We will leave school by coach at 8:15am prompt and return to school around 5:15 – 5:30pm (traffic dependent).
Children will need to bring with them a packed lunch and a refillable drinks bottle (no glass bottles please).
For all activities your child will need to bring clothing suitable for the weather. Please remember they will be outside for the majority of your day. Below is an idea of what to wear but is not an exhaustive list:
· Shirt / T-shirt
· Fleece / Jumper
· Tracksuit Bottoms / Trousers (No Jeans)
· Training Shoes / Boots (No Wellies)
· Hat & Gloves
· Waterproof Top & Trousers
· Sun Cream & Sun Hat
We will be Climbing, Ziplining, Leap of Faith-ing and Raft Building, so the appropriate clothing as below is required as minimum:-
– Training Shoes (closed toe)
– Clothing that allows for free movement
– Depending on the weather, children may get cold waiting for their turn so you may wish to send them with a jumper or fleece
For the Raft building:-
– Shoes are to be kept on whilst in the water at all times, so please send your child with breathable clothing that doesn’t hold too much water and older shoes that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
– Children are likely to get wet, so will need to bring along a towel, change of clothes and a plastic bag to put wet belongings into.
CONSENT FORM FOR THE CENTRE
You will also need to complete the consent form for the centre at the link below. This is very important as children will not be able to take part without it being completed:-
PAYMENT & CONSENT
No child will be excluded from the visit on the basis on non-payment, but a voluntary contribution of £37.00 per child is needed for the visit to take place. Payment and consent is to be made online through ParentPay, www.parentpay.com but alternatively please complete the slip below and return to school together with payment.
If you have any queries about the above, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Class 6 Teacher
Online Consent Form: https://forms.gle/dRgQ6BnMjS1Zq7k58