Welcome to Our School!
At Hook C.E. Primary School, we aim to provide a warm, caring Christian environment where governors, staff and parents work in partnership to provide the highest standard of education for the children. The children are encouraged to work from first-hand experience which develops the interest and motivation giving them a sense of purpose in their work. As the children develop, opportunities are provided for them to take more responsibility for their own work and in doing so become more independent in thought and action. The child’s confidence and self-concept is raised through success and praise for effort and achievement, developing a positive attitude to school and education.
Garth Lane, which is the road leading to school, is subject to a Experimental Traffic Order which restricts traffic being able to travel down the road at drop-off and collection times. Cars travelling on Garth Lane without a permit during the restricted times risk incurring a fine.
School Streets is a pioneering approach by East Riding of Yorkshire Council to encourage parents and carers to ‘park and stride’ – parking away from the school and then walking or cycling the rest of the way. It is hoped it will help to reduce congestion, discourage unnecessary car journeys and improve the air quality outside the school gates.
Importantly, School Streets is aimed at encouraging a move towards more sustainable and active modes of travel, making it easier and safer for pupils to walk or cycle to school, and creating a more pleasant environment in those areas.
More information about School Streets can be found by clicking here.
It is important that during the Covid-19 pandemic, we all familiarise ourselves with procedures put in place to help minimise risk to our school community. Full information about the school’s response to coronavirus pandemic can be found here.
- Staggered start and finish times have been implemented across all class bubbles. Please can we ask that families aim to be prompt in arriving and leaving the school grounds at their allocated times to stop us having large groups of people waiting.
- Can families with siblings use the cross over times to avoid the need for children and adults needing to wait for other classes to open
- Where families have siblings in groups with no cross over time (Year 2 and Year 4 only) we can utilise the hall as a holding area for siblings who have a later start time. Those children who would need to wait because of a sibling with an earlier drop off should come to the main entrance to access the hall.
- Please try to communicate with us by email or telephone wherever possible rather than trying to speak to staff face-to-face.
- All persons over the age of 11 are requested to wear face coverings on school premises.
All the latest school life news plus updates from the classroom!